Tuesday, November 22, 2011

“Chelsea Galleries Reaction”

I have a hobby where I collect cars when I mean cars I mean 1:18 scale model cars. They range from GT ( Grand Touring) cars like the BMW M6, to super cars like the Lamborghini Gallardo and the Ferrari 360 ( this is my favorite Ferrari due to its engine note that sounds like an F1 car) I also have regular cars you see everyday like the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution, and even a Mercedes-Benz DTM race car. They all differ in size shape and color but they all have one thing in common they have a small place in my heart. But the best of all of these cars are the two I call Loki and Loki Jr. Unlike my model cars they are real cars I drive and work on every day. Loki is a 1997 Mazda Protégé and Loki Jr. is a 2008 Nissan Pathfinder.  So when I was assigned this role as an art collector, I applied my own personality and the same eye that I use to pick and choose my model cars. While on the topic of cars the first work of art I would like to collect is this collage by Blazon. It caught my eye because there was a little yellow car in the middle but from a distance I was not sure what it was until I got closer and saw it was a Lotus Elise. Around it were several pictures of rims, and gold chains. The frame itself reminded me of my brother Ryan who like expensive things, because it had a Louis Vinton print and what looks fur. I would like to collect due to its connection with cars and its loud “LOOK AT ME” appeal, though I am not the one to draw unnecessary attention to myself. I would keep it around my home just to add a little “bling” to the space it is placed on. The art work I would not like to collect is Erica Magrey and her huge work with this free standing steel, as much as this is a beautiful work of art I don’t want it to fall on my head and squash me like a bug. I don’t like something that may kill me in ten minutes or even ten years.

Erica Magrey

Blazon,2011
Collage in customized antique frame


No comments:

Post a Comment