Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Metropolitan Museum of Art responce and Final Project

The metropolitan museum of art holds art works from around the world, so I needed a theme that complements this unique quality. So I thought of something and I came up with a person. Indiana Jones he has been around the world and back, and has most likely seen most of these art works at some point. Keeping in mind that he is only a fictional character. My theme is “What if I were Indiana Jones”. I thought of this theme to complement the museum and my vivid imagination. My theme became true as I went on my “adventure” to find art.

I imagined  I was in a dark brown jacket, brown shirt, a round adventure hat and a whip and I walked  myself to  “Egyptian Art” section where I found the  “the statue of the goddess Sackhmet” from  the 18th dynasty of Amenhotep the 3rd. When I saw this I thought she is going to come alive and try and kill me for entering her tomb. When this came to mind she did come alive and try to kill me so I ran away from the “Egyptian art” and trying to flee from the goddess I ended up in the second section called the “Greek and Roman Art” there I ran into a room and in the room was the work of art the “Marble statue of a lion” Greek, Cycladic.
The same scenario repeated itself like the Egyptian goddess that I walked up to some forbidden Greek temple and it came alive and again try and kill me. At this point I feel as though I have a short life expectancy with everything trying to kill me.  As I am running to my air plane and finally flew to another section my air plane experienced some “engine” problems and crashed in the “Art of the Arab Lands, Turkey, Iran, Central Asia, and Later south Asia” there I got out of my aircraft and I walked to a nearby temple to see what I can see. I walked in and no one was there but this strange animal like figure, as my luck would have it once again it came alive it was as dog not just any dog a special one it was “ Incense Burner of Amir Saif al-Din Muhammad al-Mawardi” this “green dog” played with me and I was nice enough to take him home with me until my adventure goes on.





























No comments:

Post a Comment