Friday, December 9, 2011

“Quiz Make Up”.

For my extra credit work it chose the work Eleanor Antin, who is inspired by the Roman Empire. Her work shows how the Romans would fight and how their people of higher power would lavish themselves with things and beautiful women. Eleanor would mostly work with people beacuse she likes their own individual charter that each and everyone has, also she likes the fact they offer different artistic views. Her work is mostly pictures of the Roman higher power. I am not a very big fan of the Roman higher power but I am a fan of the buildings that they create. Also the inspiration that is taken from the Roman Empire that still can be seen today.

Eleanor also has a great love for narrative; she has small and big figures of narrative. One of her art works is narrative themed is “The Angle of Mercy”, 1981. Narrative is somewhat like a story that is put together by different elements. Narrative is something I like; I would like to create a narrative I believe with my creative mind I would be able to create something interesting. Another of her work is “Love’s Shadow”, 1987 this art work is about herself discovery and this I understand because at some point in our lives this phase helps us well find ourselves for some people this lasts a lifetime. Her most interesting art work was “100 boots” this work of art features 100 boots doing what seems like random things, for example the boots can go to church, and walk around a corner, even the 100 boots can even make mischief like trespass or walk on someone’s car. I think that the 100 boots can be a person that is walking to a place, and the boots can be in place of the person’s footsteps.


No comments:

Post a Comment